Tuesday, October 19, 2010

T6, Wk7, Day 364, Tuesday

Wow! Tomorrow will be our 365th day in class. One entire year of nothing but classes! Cool! :)

What did I learn (memorize) on the way home from school today? Good question, let's see if I can recall it ....

The differential diagnosis for Acroosteolytis is threefold, namely;
1. Scleroderma
2. Pyncnodystosis
3. Hyperparathyroidism

OK, now, let me check my notes and see how much i butchered the spelling ....

it's Acroosteolysis and the differential (diff dx or ddx) is
1. scleroderma (got that one right!)
2. pinctodysostosis ...not right but that darn word is even hard to copy correctly!
3. hyperparathyroidism (we've had this word before so it was easy)

Acroosteolysis is an interesting if not odd little bugger - the distal tips of your finger bones get reabsorbed! When I saw the x-ray, I first thought the picture just cut off the ends of the fingers but that wasn't the case, they were just missing! This would be a good thing to find a picture of for today's blog :)

The x-ray pic I uploaded shows some tissue so it's not quite as confusing as what I saw in tutoring today. I'll have to get another facebook album put together for arthratides ....

maybe i'm thinking of that because what i really need to do is get cracking with some CCR study, like PRONTO!

No comments:

Post a Comment