Wednesday, June 30, 2010

TRI-5, Wk8, Day 301 - Tuesday

We've got an extremely important dx imaging test coming up this Thursday and, I'm not sure why but we got hit with an assignment in Lab Dx which is due the morning of our dx imag exam. The assignment is in lieu of a couple classes which we're cancelled but, I think I would have rather had the classes. The assignment is consuming more time than if we'd have had the classes in the first place.
I got stuck on Monday when I first started working on it and concluded that maybe I wasn't thinking straight because I was tired but, after looking at it again tonight, I'm still a bit stuck. Apparently, from a couple comments I've gotten on Facebook I'm not alone. I think it's a little after midnight on Wednesday morning and I've already gotten some sleep in for the night and really need to make good use of the time I have before class tomorrow morning.

Our Cardiopulmonary Dx class has been pretty interesting in spite of a bias I have towards the heart. I'm not sure why but I don't have some of the terms firmly planted in my head.
Let's see ...
decreased compliance means increased recoil means restrictive dz
decreased recoil means increased compliance means obstructive dz

and, apparently, there are only three kinds of obstructive dz's, asthma, emphasema & bronchitis.

Maybe it's like how some names are easier to remember than others. Well, I need to crack open my Yochum & Rowe's radiology textbook and get to work ....oh, and finish that lab dx assignment. It looks like all my studying for Basic III will be done on Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment