Wednesday, June 2, 2010

TRI-5, Wk4, Day 284

OK, I remember something we went over yesterday in Dx Imaging. It was a study done by a journal called Spine back in 1995 which compared various levels of MDs & DC when it comes to radiology.

Ø Survey Says ….

Groups % Accuracy

Chiropractic Radiologists 71.00
Skeletal Radiologists & Fellows 70.18

Chiropractic Radiology Residents 61.54
General Medical Radiologists 51.64
Medical Radiology Residents 44.64

Medical Clinicians 31.26
Chiropractic Clinicians 28.38

Chiropractic Students 20.45
Medical Students 5.74

Pretty cool Survey as Chiropractors got bragging rights in 3 of the 4 categories :) Also, the 5 radiologist that participated from Logan all scored 100%. The actual study may be found here; Spine vol 20 number 10 1995.

I did see some interesting things on some x-rays today including lung pleura and the abdominal aorta. These things basically appear as shadows on the x-rays but you simply have to know what you're looking for ...and ...having two of those people that scored 100% on the Spine journal study guiding you through things doesn't hurt either. ;)

I've got a handout with 22 EKG strips that need to be interpreted...

I actually am done with classes tomorrow at 12:50 but I'm going to need to hang around for Dx Imaging tutoring which runs from 3:45 to 5:45 so I'll be getting home tomorrow at 7 p.m. instead of 2 p.m. .....

oh well, it's part of my job and will help me to do my job better so that's what I'll do.

Today's picture shows an x-ray with paraspinal stripes which are the shadow outlines I mentioned at the beginning of the blog. This is a pretty cool picture and the stuff looks even better in person. We can also tell a lot about the x-ray by the level of the diaphragm. If the diaphragm is low and you can count all 12 ribs then it's a sign of asthma or COPD, maybe emphysema.

No comments:

Post a Comment