Monday, June 21, 2010

TRI-5, Wk6&7, Days 294 & 295, Fri & Mon

Just got done watching Dirty Dancing. The movie takes place in the Summer of '63, before Kennedy was shot, the Beetles ...and three years before I was born. The movie was released August 21st, 1987 and I remember the first time seeing it on television at my Grandma's house and how my Dad's sister, Pat, was enamored with Patrick Swayze and commenting how he was "all man!"

One of the first shows I remember watching at my Grandma's with the entire family present was about 13 years earlier with the first airing of The Six Million Dollar Man which first aired January 18th, 1974. If memory serves, it was an episode where he pulled out a fence post, complete with concrete mortar and threw it like a javelin.

I think the best movie of the 70s, in my opinion, came a few years later in 1977 with Star Wars. I'm not sure how many people were aware at that time of it being Episode IV, A New Hope ...I certainly wasn't.



My second favorite movie of that decade is Grease. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment