Thursday, June 3, 2010

TRI-5, Wk4, Day 285

I need more time ...
I fit in some walking during my lunch hour today so I came home right after class but after eating it was still after 8 p.m. hmmm, it's 9 p.m. now so I guess I could claim the better part of an hour if I wasn't screwing around on facebook. Might have to make some changes there. There were some interesting factoids I learned today ...let me see if I can dig them up ...

Let's see, the notion of dehydration came up today in Lab Dx. Dehydration means you've lost solvent. What is a solvent? Imagine 100 marbles in a gallon of water. The marbles represent the solvent. Now, dump out half the water. We still have 100 marbles of solvent but now only 1/2 gallon of water. which is like having a concentration equivalent to 200 marbles per gallon.
The brain is the first thing to go with dehydration -

People can last about 3 or 4 months without a calcium intake. This is because the body will take what it needs from the bones. The first step in saving calcium is that our body will stop excreting it.

Dx Imaging tutoring was interesting. I talked with our tutor after class about all the people who are taking the class over and she mentioned that she was surprised that so many people had to take it over and she was especially surprised because they weren't the people she would have guessed to have taken any classes over.
I think I understood what she meant. Sometimes one might get the impression that people aren't taking a class (or school in general) serious enough and therefore might not be too surprised if they have to repeat a class. Apparently, there were a lot of people who did take things seriously and are still repeating.

Who knows.
Heck, I think I still need to get some notes sent out to our class.
OK - notes are out - now it's almost 10 - can't wait to sleep!!! :)

Today's picture was obtained by Googling "Bundle Branch Block" (BBB). It's kind of a nice picture of the heart and I guess that's the EKG that's supposed to go with it. From the downward peaks and the picture it looks like a Left BBB which is life threatening while a right BBB is benign. Also looks like a heart rate of 75 bpm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment