Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tri-8 Wk5 Day 479 - Tuesday

I had four different alarms on two alarm clocks all going off between 4:18 and 4:30 with 5 min delays. I was hoping for non-stop alarms going off but I didn't hear a darned thing and didn't wake up until 5:20 a.m.
If nothing else, I did make it to school with plenty of time to spare. Non of it really mattered as far as my activator class was concerned because I got kicked out. oh well. My best guess now is to drop the class officially and see if I can finish up the weekend activator class. This could turn out to be a good thing.
Just a big non-stop day, class to class to class to class and then straight to clinic where, today, I got the joy of sitting up in the office for 3 1/2 hours to do a whopping 2 minutes worth of work - if that ...however long it takes to write my initials down about 8 times when other interns turn in patient files. What an amazing waste of time and I'm quite certain this was just another in a line of time-wasting mundane things that was added to the curriculum.

I think it's one of those classic blunders when institutions think perfection is achieved when there is nothing left to add instead of considering the possibility that maybe, sometimes perfection is achieved when there's nothing left to take away.

From my perspective, I think Logan has a pretty strong program in the beginning and they're still struggling to get things figured towards the ending trimesters.

Honest to God, all this driving is just eating me alive. I spent an hour & 40 minutes getting home from clinic today. and the way those stupid Case Reports are set up, I have little choice but to deal with rush hour traffic on those two days as well.

My Evaluation of those Case Reports: Actually, they're probably one of the most worthwhile things I'm involved in this trimester and Dr. Hogarth does a really good job.
I've made it no secret telling other students how good I thought the clinic was at St Peters and I kind of wonder how much of an effect that had on the lower Tri's decisions when it came to picking their clinic since the St Peters clinic was one of the first to get picked & filled up.
Definitely a very worthwhile process - ie, Case Reports.
Definitely killing me and shortening my life. most probably anyway.

how hard can it be for the powers to be at Logan to consider students who own their own home and live out of state? they spend so much time trying to tell us how to care for others and yet we, as students, get short-changed so much.
and there is very definitely a "majority rules" type mentality at Logan. As long as the majority of the people are happy then consideration for everyone can take a back seat.

The whole thing has given me new appreciation for all those civil rights legislation's passed in years gone by. It's like the only way you can make certain people care about others is to make it a law.

Alarms are set - dead tired - scarcely got little more than an hour to take care of business at home after i got home.
Lab Interpretations & a Dermatology Exam this Friday ....

No comments:

Post a Comment