Monday, July 6, 2009

Tri-2, Wk9 Day 100 - Monday


Day 100! Wow ...
just keeping with everything and doing my best. I do have until around August 21st to dig myself out of this deep, cavernous hole I've gotten myself into. I got 9/10 on my Gross II quiz today. We've got a
Microbiology Midterm on Wednesday
Philosophy Midterm on Thursday
Biochemistry II Exam 2 on Friday.

I stuck with Neuroanatomy for most of the weekend.

I did get a fantastic new TomTom GPS type navigation system for my car as an early birthday present which is really cool! I have it programed in to guide me to school tomorrow but, the neat thing is that I can also tell it what time I want to arrive. So, tomorrow I would like to be at school at 5:30 a.m. and right now I have 6 hours and 13 minutes ahead of schedule so as long as I can sleep, get up, shower, dress and get everything ready for school tomorrow and leave in 6 hours and 13 minutes then I'll be right on schedule.

I have a ton of work to do for these upcoming test. These are huge test and will wholly determine my midterm grades for Micro Lab and Philosophy. Once again, Biochem is one of my stronger classes so it will kind of have to go on the back burner whilst I pour extra energy in the classes which aren't going so great.

Right now I have 8 classes and 4 labs. I've looked ahead to the next trimester and that one consist of 10 classes and 4 labs.

Today's picture - I was looking for a nice pictoral representation of the physiology behind a chiropractic adjustment but apparently none yet exist on the internet?! I actually don't know enough to fully understand adjustment physiology but I'm starting to recognize it when I see it. :)

For now, I'll just put up the good old Meric Chart which many chiropractors, including my brother, hang in their office. It's a decent representation of efferent motor nerves which simply means those nerves which exit the spinal cord to various parts of our body. These kinds of charts tend to be the easiest for patients to understand but they are a bit light when it comes to the hard core science behind chiropractic.

Consider, for example, a heart transplant patient. All doctors do when they transplant a heart is basically, hook the plumbing back up but there aren't any nerves that are re-attached. Granted, people might be better off if nerves could be hooked back up but, that isn't the case and a transplant patient can maybe get a good 10-15 years on average (just trying to remember from a heart transplant operation I watched last month)

Anyway, there seems to be much more benefit due to the effect an adjustment has on the afferent nerves. That has been the focus of research over the last 10-15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment