Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tri-2, Wk8 Day 98 - Wednesday



Only one more day to go before a nice 3 day break!

Readers may have noticed that I started a blog entry titled Eight Syllable Words yesterday. This is something I thought of doing a while ago - I keep coming upon these huge words and I kind of wanted to start collecting them as I came across them in my studies. The list includes pretty much any nifty multi-syllabic word and will have a permanent link along the right hand column.

We had our neuro test today and I'm positive I got one of the questions correct. The remaining 59, I'm not so sure about.

We actually get out of school tomorrow at 11 o'clock but there is neuro tutoring scheduled from 4 to 6 p.m. so ..... do I get home at 12 or stay for tutoring and get home at 7 p.m.?
It's a 7 hour time difference which is kind of huge and to stay means keeping myself occupied for 5 hours until tutoring starts ....
living far away is a bitch ....

I'll probably come home because I'm dead tired now and will probably only get 3 hours of sleep tonight due to the micro midterm tomorrow morning at 7:20 :)

Today's Picture -
We play with E. coli (escherichia coli) pretty much every day in our microbiology lab so I thought I'd share a few pictures of E. coli. The bottom picture is just E. coli with a pretty green stain - the top picture is more like the staining we do in class, known as gram staining. We also play with various staph and strep types of bacteria.

One interesting and new thing to me in micro lab was a microscope procedure known as oil immersions. After we get our bacteria properly stained and focused in at high power then there is one more lens we can use but first we put a drop of oil on the bacteria then use the oil immersion lens - it's just a way to see the bacteria better.

No comments:

Post a Comment