Monday, May 23, 2011

Tri-8, Wk3, Day 469 - Monday

Today was class from 7:20 until 11 a.m. and then I hung around and was able to get in four hours of rad conference in along w/ write ups for 5 sets of x-rays so, i've got half of the hours I need now for my Tri-8 rad conference requirement and I'll have to keep up the write ups for another five weeks.

We also have Lab impressions to do over the next 10 weeks and the first one is due this week. We get a case, i.e., 42 yof w/ c/c of blah, blah, blah ... then we get their vitals, CBC work, chem lab and urinalysis and need to provide a ddx and dx and how we would care for them.

Let's see ...last Friday was a 6:30 a.m. start at school, the preceding Monday ended at 11 p.m. Got clinic tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday. oh heck - i just remembered I need to update Dr. Hogarth on my adjustments - I *think* the 5 I did at ARC maybe count towards the 200 total I need to get in by graduation.

man it get's late quick - kind of a late night getting home but, only a 13 hour day so nothing unbearable. I do need to update my online Google calendar and sync it with my iPad - still have some other computer stuff to do as well regarding downloading materials for my 18 classes ---- nope - only 17 classes -
10 are structured classes that we meet w/ a teacher during the mornings and the other 7 are kind of like classes that we have to do on our own like the 10 weeks of lab impressions or 6 weeks of xray reports.

I really wanna think I can do this (get through the semester) and I really would like some decent grades to go with this semester. A few of those extra classes we're doing only have the option of getting an A or an F (or an incomplete) Getting it all done is the key. Dr. Guebert told us today that there are still Tri-10s with incompletes from Tri-8 coursework ...so ....wish me Luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment