Thursday, May 27, 2010

TRI-5, Wk3, Day 281 - Stab Lab! :)


I've got to hang it up for the night. I thought I could at least knock out one chapter of reading for my Basic III class and even though I've only got 5 pages left, the focus left me several pages ago.

We had our stab lab today and performed venipunctures today. We need three successful blood draws in order to fulfill that portion of Lab Dx. So, one down & 2 to go. For today's picture I opted to post a fake arm which was very much like the ones they had in the lab for students to practice. Apparently, we use these same arms to demonstrate blood draws for Comp Boards.

Heck, I just realized I was reading the wrong book. I meant to read a book by Dr. Coggins but was reading a text on Logan Basic Methods by Hugh B. Logan, D.C. Oh well, I need to read them both anyway and it looks like Chapter 2 in both books deals with basic anatomy.

I can't believe it's 10:30 already. I really just want to sleep for longer than I have available.

My class recordings have really become a win-win situation for me. I've been stopping off at various parks on the way home and listening to my lectures while hitting the trails. I've managed to walk 34.11 miles in the last 6 days :)
...maybe that's part of the reason I'm so tired.

I do need to at least review what's going on tomorrow in terms of classes. Let's see....
Physical Dx starts the day. checking my spreadsheet I see we need to get Chapters 1, 3 & 4 read this weekend to get caught up.
Diversified IV is next - simply show up for class and practice adjusting then another hour of Physical Dx lecture.
Basic III is being replaced tomorrow (along w/ our lunch hour) with a Memorial type presentation in the main auditorium. I just have to read a lot and understand more for this class.
I'm beginning to get the impression that Basic technique is an extremely powerful adjusting technique but, it's almost more of an art. You really have to understand a body's biomechanics to fully utilize basic to it's full potential.
SHC Practicum - For now, just show up to class. I don't see any reading assignments for that class. It seems like we're just getting used to taking notes and various documentation.

Fri & Sat study -
Bates book for Physical Dx reading,
medical bag for taking Vitals (practice for upcoming Phys Dx practical)
Diversified DVDs to study & practice from.
Dx Imaging book is a MUST - so much to read .... this book is also invaluable for our Rad Positioning class (I have to improve upon my 17 minute time to take an x-ray) :)
Cardio Dx could use some more reading and more interpretation of EKG's
Lab Dx - maybe looking over some ponies to get a better idea of what we're going to be tested over. I think we'll need to know normal values for various body compositions such as normal levels of WBCs, Calcium and various things like that. We received a two page handout full of these normal values so we better go over those at least a few times this 3 day weekend.
Biomechanics needs more reading
Toxicology needs more reading.

I guess I just need to bring every book I own to make sure I have what's needed for studying tomorrow after class. We can do this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment