Saturday, January 30, 2010

TRI-4, Wk3, Day 213 - Friday

(6:30 a.m.)
Either I caught what the guy sitting next to me in class had or ate something bad but I started getting sick around 2:30 a.m. Friday and never made it to school. I think my last round of sleep lasted about 12 hours but I'm feeling better today (Saturday) and should be good to go for spinal boot camp later on today.

At the beginning of TRI-4 we were told no weddings, no divorces, no babies and no deaths which all was in reference to the fact we were taking Part I boards and need to keep focused on the task at hand.

Just caught the weekly update from the Dead Chiropractic Society on YouTube from Dr. Bill DeMoss and noticed this years California Jam party is being held exactly one week before Part I boards. My brother is one of the featured speakers which is a pretty big deal but I'm going to need the time to study for boards.

Physio text on Monday and Path on Thursday next week.

(7:42 a.m.)
I might be adding to today's blog throughout the day - I was thinking about some of the stories our teachers have related to us about their various chiropractic clients. One teacher has a chiro patient who is 93 years old. This lady had to laugh when she heard a lady from church talk about all her aches and pains then torted that "after all, I am 77 years old" To the 93 year old, this lady was a spring chicken.
I also hear of several stories about patients well into their 80s who still travel and enjoy a very high quality of life and yet, there are 65 year old patients who have never seen a chiropractor before and don't enjoy the quality of life that people 20 years older enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment