Wednesday, January 20, 2010

TRI-4, Wk2, Day 206 - Wednesday

Going to school at Logan to become a chiropractor is reminding me of the Rocky movie series. In each movie, Rocky had to face a bigger, badder opponent. This is pretty much like each of the first four trimesters with each one being bigger and badder than the last. Looking back, Tri-1 kind of seems like kindergarten in comparison with everything going on now.

On the plus side, we only have 31 credit hours this semester and I'm saving about 5 hours per week driving - 8 hours savings total. On the other side of the coin, in addition to learning enough to pass the 31 credit hours I'm currently taking, we also have to relearn, review and be pretty familiar with everything that's been learned in the DC program up to this point.

So be it.

I can't beat this monster on any given day which can make it hard to face up to doing anything because in doing so I end up seeing with great clarity exactly how big this monster is that I have to somehow conquer.

I need to find out exactly how many days I have left until boards. I know many people haven't even started studying for them yet and all those other people are my competition - the Part I National Boards are graded on a type of Bell Curve so, it's kind of like biochem was and the bottom of the pack isn't going to pass - I'm not sure if the population being considered is just the students at Logan or if this Bell Curve grading is applying to every student taking National Boards Part I nationwide.

I'll hit it every day and keep chipping away at it bit by bit, brick by brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment