Tuesday, January 12, 2010

TRI-4, Wk1, Day 201, Tuesday

I woke up this morning at 4 a.m. a full hour before my alarms were set to go off. Our old internet interface called IQ Web was replaced over Christmas break with a new interface called Self Service. Our teachers just gained access to the new site yesterday so there is still got plenty of material to download for each class.

There were a lot of blog comments made over the last few days of our break that I still need to go through and post. I think they came from a student out in California. I think they mentioned Oklahoma but, Logan is located in the St. Louis area and diversified is started in Tri-2. I'll have to go back over them to comment further.

Today we had 7 classes.

  1. Logan Basic II
  2. Physiology III
  3. Orthopedics II
  4. Diversified III
  5. Pathology II
  6. Fundamentals of Diagnostic Imaging (Fun Dx)
  7. Basic Nutrition
It looks like part three of physiology is going to focus on neurophysiology which is kind of cool because I made contact on YouTube with a med student over in the UK who has some nice post on the subject. I think my brachial plexus video is over 10,000 views right now so there's been a bit of exponential growth in viewership.

Ortho was interesting in that 5% of our grade will be in doctor/patient talk. Surveys given to Tri-1 students indicated a lot of misunderstanding between the Tri-1's who were patients of upperclassmen so there may be even greater misunderstanding with the general public. We need to avoid too much Dr. talk and make sure we are relating to the pt in ways they can understand.

There's more to say about all the classes and the new trimester but it's getting very late so, I'll have to pick this up tomorrow. :)

Today's pic of the day is just a simple pic representing the doctor patient relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment