Thursday, September 2, 2010

FlashMyBrain.com - Day 335 & Holding

I had a comment from a gentlemen named Roy who inquired about FlashMyBrain.com

I think it's a good investment with a good interface. I paid the $25 or so dollars for it and was able to download it to three different computers. I downloaded it to two computers then found out something went awry with the transaction so I've never been able to use the online features and therefore cannot comment on that aspect. There are games that can be played with the flashcards.

Overall, I'm happy with the program. Some shortcomings may be in the fact that if you have the same answer for two different flashcards, you might pick the correct answer but it might be a flashcard associated with a different question. There is no formatting such as bold or underline and things like that and when you use the "resize to fit" option the program doesn't realize certain words like spondylolisthesis is all one word and will put it on two lines - over all somewhat minor short comings and doesn't diminish too much from the overall value of the software.

Another flashcard type online program I've used is called flashcardexchange.com and I started using that circa 2008. It seems I got the ball rolling with that site and since I started using it we've now got 100 card sets for various classes at my school (keyword: Logan)

There is a one time fee that can be paid to the flashcardexchange of about $25 which I did and that allows some additional features such as being able to upload pictures to your flashcards.

I have thought about trying to reregister FlashMyBrain.com so I can see what other card sets may be available for specific classes at my school ....and, considering I just dropped another $1,200 on books, it makes the $25 fee seem pretty insignificant.

No comments:

Post a Comment