Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 10 - Friday, January 30, 2009

Long day - Left home at 6 a.m. and except for a 15 min stop at home around 6 p.m. my day didn't end until after midnight.  Below are the classes I had today.
  • Philosophy
  • Spinal Analysis Lab
  • Histology Lab
  • Professional Development
  • Spinal Anatomy Lecture
  • Gross Anatomy 1 Lecture (2 hours)
I stayed after school for about an hour to work in the cadaver lab then came home for about 15 minutes then headed to Denny's in Edwardsville, IL and studied the gluteal region for anatomy.  If I did my job well at Denny's then I should know the 9 muscles in the butt ....
  1. Gluteus Maximus
  2. Gluteus Medius
  3. Gluteus Minimus
  4. Piriformis
  5. Obturator _______
  6. Quadratus Femoris
  7. Superior Gemellus
  8. Inferior Gemellus
  9. Tensor Fascia Latae
Looks like I forgot the second part of number 5 - Obturator Internus - I should have known that because 6 of the names end in "-us"  Now I just need to know all the origins, insertions, associated nerves, arteries and actions for each of those muscles as well as what pelvic foramen each goes through as well as the borders of each foramen as well as exactly what each foramen contains - at least I'm aware of what I need to know and the test isn't until this coming Thursday - I should have it down by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment