Thursday, August 4, 2011

The vacation day that never was ....

Tri-8 Wk14, Day 517, Wed, 8/3

I was hoping to take off tonight so I could more adequatly study for my PT III practical tomorrow but, after a couple members of the "staff" expressed concerns over my vacation request I acquiesced and withdrew the request. Guess what? The patient never showed up anyway. It's sort of an every other type even with that person ...
grrrrrr .... is about all i can say.

so, i will end this tri with more than enough clinic hours and two unused vacation days.
Those vacation days have gone way down.
Based on once a week clinic duty and three days off and a 15 week semester - 3/15 = 0.20 or 20% vacation rate.
at three days a week for 15 weeks with 6 vacation days ... 6/(15x3) = 6/45 = 0.13 or 13%

at 5 days per week for 15 weeks with 6 vacation days... 6/(15x5) = 6/75 = 0.08 or 8%

and ..5 days per week for 15 weeks with 4 vacation days = 4/75 = 0.05 or 5%

so, we slaves have the vacation days cut from 20% to 13% to 8% to 5%

anyway - it was kind of bullshit for me to give in - guess it's my fault but WTF. just give us our f*cking vacation days without any hassle.
whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment