Monday, April 25, 2011

Thyroid Comment & What's going on?

(Holding at Day 458)

[8 a.m.]
I just had a comment posted on a blog recommending for people with hypothyroidism to take a natural thyroid hormone replacement and also provided links to the webpage to buy the natural hormone replacement.

The recommendation by that comment is NOT what we are taught at school. The recommendation would be a referral to an MD and, ideally, an endocrinologist.

[9:50 a.m.]
I need to get my head wrapped around everything that's pending in my life. The Part IV Board Reviews started this morning at 8 a.m. and, if my information is correct, the Gonstead class retake starts tomorrow at 7:30 a.m.
My brother advised me taking the Gonstead class and forgetting about the Board Reviews.
My parents also recommended taking the Gonstead class. Both my parents & brother had similar reasoning regarding taking the Gonstead class over now instead of waiting and that was to just get it out of the way and not hanging over my head. I'd have to say I agree. I've not had good results from waiting and putting things off. It always looks good on paper ...when I rationalize... but, there's no telling what the future holds and how busy I might be in the future. There's way too many unknown variables. I have a ton of work to do and many, many things to catch up on. In some ways ...

[12:50 p.m.]
...not exactly setting the world on fire today. I still have an opportunity to head to school and get in a few hours of Part IV Board Reviews ....OR, just take my brother's advice and focus on the Gonstead class. I kind of think heading out to school might help me get back in the groove (since I've been away a whole 3 days!)
I've been thinking about my attitude which hasn't always been the greatest especially with this recent semester. I have noticed my physical cues seem to come in two forms. One is, metaphorically speaking, the screaming in my head and the other is the physical shakiness which seems to be solely due to stress.
I was thinking of trying to view the mental dissonance differently and maybe remind myself that when my mind is screaming over all the things that need to be done that this is really a cue that I'm heading in the right direction. I have to change my perspective regarding the mental anguish which presents itself from time to time.

I know I've tried the increased physical activity to help cope with all the stress and, maybe that helped, it's hard to critically evaluate. I definitely know I need to eat more often and on a consistent basis. Too often, 12, 18 or even 24 hours can slip by without eating a meal and then I'm starving and eat a huge meal. This probably doesn't bode well for maintaining consistent blood sugar levels which probably affect my attitude as well.

Taking a page from Dr. Kuhn's teaching, I'm thinking about my e-cigarettes and how they are kind of a hassle to use but, with his teaching, I can also ask myself how much of a hassle would it be to get lung cancer or emphysema or COPD. Even if I would never get those diseases, there is still a sapping of energy that's probably taking place from forcing my body to have to deal w/ the toxins from smoking.

As I started to say at the end of my 9:50 a.m. entry, all these challenges I'm being faced with could be a very good thing since I'm being forced to deal with life at it's most interesting & challenging levels.

I really do want to graduate like the people I saw on this past Saturdays webcast. It's about the most amazing thing ever. When my brother graduated in 1996 I thought it was the greatest thing ever and when his wife graduated in 2007 I thought the same thing and when I saw graduation again two days ago I got those same feelings again. It's just an amazing accomplishment.

I've still got some notecards in front of me. I was trying to disseminate everything I need to get done in my life. "Plan your work, then work your plan" is something I learned my Dad used to do with regards to work. It's sound advice. I just need to apply it.

For right now, I'm going to meld back into some good habits. Namely heading to school, checking out the Part IV Board Reviews then stopping at the gym on my way back home. Gonstead starts tomorrow and I need to get my mobile internet working again. I don't know where the class meets or how the payment will work since the school doesn't open up again until Wednesday, not sure why the mobile internet isn't working. Not sure of a lot of things and I'm just going to have to deal with them all one thing at a time.

Boot Camp from 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. is the only other thing I've thought of adding to my life over these next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment