Tuesday, May 11, 2010

TRI-5, Wk1, Day 271 - First Day of Class :)



Diagnostic Imaging (Dx Imaging) - first class of the day and it almost seemed like a different class because there were so many people from the semester ahead of us that didn't make it through that class the first time. We have two 5 hour classes (Physical Dx & Lagoratory Dx) and two 4 hour classes (Diversified IV & Cardiorespiratory Dx) so, I'm guessing Dx Imaging might fly under the radar a bit since it's only a 3 hour class but, apparently, it's not one to be taken lightly.

With Dx Imaging, we'll be learning to diagnose various bone related diseases. We'll have a midterm (with slides) worth 40% of our grade and a final exam (with slides) worth 60% of our grade. The final includes fill in the blanks and is cumulative. Part II of Dx Imaging is taken in Tri-6 and the test in that class will be cumulative with what we're learning this trimester.

The Dx Imaging teacher seems solid and is very interactive with the class.

In Diversified IV we have Dr. Wittmer and will be learning adjustments for upper & lower cervicals and extremities.


The regular teacher for Biomechanics is on sabbatical and our replacement is Dr. Haun who kind of reminded me of Bill Murray with his kind of laid back personae but, Dr. Haun also has a diplomat in radiology which, I imagine, is at the opposite end of the spectrum when compared to Bill Murray. I think I have a static page for this class on my blog.


Dr. Sanders is back! :)
We have Dr. Sanders for our Laboratory Dx class, a 5 hour battleship of a class, and Dr. Sanders said we could think of Lab Dx as Pathology III which I liked to hear. Personally, I think Dr. Sanders has some excellent analogies so, I'm really looking forward to what's in store for this class. One of the hours for Lab Dx is for actual lab work where we'll practice out blood draws, hence the moniker "stab lab" as well as other basic test such as BUN and hematocrit analysis.


Cardiorespiratory Dx is with Dr. Christy and I would REALLY like to get a great grade out of his class since I struggled with his neuromusculoskeletal class (NMS) last trimester.


Those were all the classes for today. I bought another book for Biomechanics, Clinical Anatomy of the Lumbar Spine and Sacrum by Nikolai Bogduk. Bogduk is an MD with a lot of other letters after his name. I've been hearing about how great this guy is since Tri-1 and since it's been so long since I've had Spinal Anatomy, I figured his book would be a good investment. Plus, it's listed as a required text for the class.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some very interesting classes ...I think you will probably be enjoying all of the above .. :)

    Love ya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. .., wow.. this is a great help... very much interesting... i bet all of the books will be really worth my time reading... such a helpful instrument...
    bend chiropractor

    ReplyDelete