Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tri-3, Wk9, Day 173 - FRIDAY! :)

To my friend out in Virginia (I think it's Virgina - maybe West Virginia) who is starting the DC program in January - I've copied all my resources - about 25,000 files to the hard drive of a fellow student who will also be starting in January right along with you. His name is Nicholas Starman. If you'd like to touch base with a future collegue you can reach him at the standard school email address of nicholas.starman@logan.edu
He seems like a really nice guy and is currently finishing up his prerequisites at Logan in their Accelerated Science Program. I also know of a young lady who will be starting Tri-1 in December - she used to do an early morning boot camp with me - can't recall her name but I'll try to get it for you so you know some more people when you start ...
It's kinda scary enough to begin with, isn't it???? :)

Fast-forward to Tri-3 and I've got a Make OR Break Physio Test on Tuesday - A couple people that were in the Tri ahead of me actually found it impossible to come back after this endocrine test because they scored so low. It's a global killer and can wipe a person out with one shot ....
I may be able to score a bit better on the kidneys and renal system because that is more conceptual but the final will be the hardest and drops a lot of people an entire letter grade -
I can't guarantee I'll get through each tri or this one but I'm certainly going to do my best & won't go down without a fight.

OK _ PhySIO - Sort the Powerpoints - What have we covered - what's on the exam ....

  • Wk Day - Material
  • 8 M - Endocrine System
  • 8 T - Hypo & Pituitary
  • 8 W - Hypo & Pituitary / Pineal / Thyroid
  • 8 R - Thyroid
  • 8 F - Adrenal
  • 9 M -Parathyroid / Pancreas
  • 9 T - Pancreas
  • 9 W - Calcium Homeostasis & endocrine handout
  • 9 R - Diagnosis Handout
  • 9 F - time off for Lab work
  • 10 M - Physio Lab Due
OK, to summarize, the following is what I need to know about
  1. Endocrine System
  2. Hypothalamus & Pituitary
  3. Pineal
  4. Thyroid
  5. Adrenal
  6. Parathyroid
  7. Pancreas
  8. Calcium Homeostasis

No comments:

Post a Comment