Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tri-3, Wk5 & Wk6, Days 154, 155, 156 - Fri, Mon, Tue


Today is field at Logan college of chiropractic which means no classes so that the different trimesters at the college may compete against each other in various sporting events. I, living an hour away from the college have opted not to take the journey however, perhaps one day before I graduate I'll check out Field Day.

Hopefully, a major highway which has been closed down and under construction for the past two years will be opening back up soon. I'm hoping by Thanksgiving. I'm estimating I'll save at least 15 minutes each way - 1/2 hour a day or over 10 HOURS a month less I'll have to sit in my car ...thank god.

Good news on my embryology test as I pulled out a solid B! I don't think I did quite enough work to get an A but I do know a better strategy for the next exam. We have a microbiology lab exam this Friday at 11 a.m. and a plethora of test the following week. I need to update my wall calender with the upcoming test, as well as the ones we've already had. I can update here as well

10/16, Fri - Microbiology Lab Midterm
10/19, Mon -
10/20, Tue - Ortho Midterm
10/21, Wed - Philosophy Midterm
10/22, Thur -
10/23, Fri - Pathology Exam

Well, if that doesn't keep me busy and out of trouble then nothing will. I'm pretty certain we have another Physiology test coming up soon, maybe next Friday. I have a lot of work to do and better get moving.

Today's picture is of the Trendelenbergs Test. It basically test for weak muscles on either side of the hip. I picked this for a couple of reasons. One, I have a picture from my first Gross Anatomy class of this particular test on my closet door in the hallway. I think I may have missed a bonus question on a test which bothered me so I was determined not to miss it ever again. Two, we're covering this test in Orthopedics and three, I heard Dr. House, MD mention this test during an episode of House but it didn't make any sense and I think they might have just been throwing terms out and figuring nobody would know the difference. Maybe there's Trendelenberg test I'm unaware of but, for a bed ridden patient with tubes sticking out of them and clinging to life then I'm not sure this particular test would be warranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment