Saturday, May 18, 2013

Week 1 - Summer 2013

I noted a 2 month 11 day gap in my last post and today I can note only a 1 month gap since my last post - gotta love progress!  :) 

I don't think i ever blogged about my Minor Surgery class but, it was pretty darn cool.  Had Dr. DeGeer as the teacher and he's always a blast to learn from. 

Currently, I'm taking the last required course for credit which is clinic.  A single 7 credit hour course.  beyond that I'm signed up for 5 different specialized techniques including Advanced Diversified, Graston, Gonstead, Cox & Thompson.

It's Week 1 of this Summer Trimester and I've been to school 3 times but only found one class.  I went to classroom G49 yesterday for a class but nobody was there.  I later found out the class was meeting in a room in the back corner of the library.  Today I went to another class but the room was locked and nobody was there. 
Not sure what's going on.  I haven't gotten any emails indicating any changes for this first week but, normally students do get a spsecial schedule.  Kind of par for the course lately at Logan.  Not sure what is going on.  I had a similar problem when trying to register for classes.  Students received an email indicating registration was starting on a Wednesday so, I was up at school the first day possible only to be told that the schedule hadn't been made up yet and I could not register. 
Today's class had a syllabus for a completely different class uploaded and that wasn't changed until after I'd already been to the book store and spent $56 on a very thin manual

5/18/2013 - Saturday -
I got to indulge in both Advanced Diversified and Thompson yesterday.  I thought Advanced Diversified might have been more about actual adjusting but it looks like it's more of a case management type of course which is not a bad thing.  Dr. Wittmer has a LOT of really interesting stories pertaining to chiropractic and a ton of experience in the field.
The Thompson Method seems pretty sharp and I'm a bit enamoured with the overlap in Thompson and Activator.  Heck, there's even overlap with SOT and what I learned in my IHS class.  I think it's a positive sign when independently originating techniques end up with the same signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment