Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tri-7 Wk1 Day 404 - Thur & COMP BOARDS! :)

What a day! Everything went as scheduled. I already spent a couple hours writing down reference material on things to study to make it through comp boards for some of my fellow classmates so I almost don't feel like writing about it here again. I did just get a comment on Facebook from one of my teachers who proctored one of the OSCE stations and he said I rocked his part! :)
That comment kind of lit up my world. :)

OSCE went alright. I think there were two sections that I didn't pass and believe it or not, one of the sections I bombed was because I couldn't get my examination gloves on! LOL
I should have had my own gloves, it only took me a minute to finally get them on but, we only have three minutes per station! YIKES! I tried answering some of the questions written on my cue card while I was putting on my gloves but the proctor wanted me to give the exam before answering any questions. I kind of flubbed up the shoulder station also because I didn't know that shoulder tendonitis was the same thing as bicipital tendonitis. Oh well. Live & Learn. I know abdominal and cardio went really well and, as Dr. Guebert pointed out, I did great with his section also. I'm trying to remember what that section was ...I remember the position in the room and sitting with him.

Diversified was a little more of a stickler than I anticipated. For Div V our final consisted of getting a subluxation type listing and we could use whatever technique we wanted in order to adjust but for comp boards, the listings were a little more specific and dictated body position (either prone, supine or seated) so ...the pull-through move I would have normally used on the listing I was given went out the window ....I'm hoping I at least got through one of those three sections.

The case management section (not sure why it's called that) consisted of 15 to 20 slides of anything we may have ever seen before while in school. One guy from class said that for every four questions we got right, it would count as one correct OSCE station, thereby replacing any station we may have failed. He said most people get 6 or 7 correct.

I need to get a lot done this weekend. Studying is definitely indicated. I keep hearing horror stories about Tri-7, especially the first four weeks. So, it may be super busy but, if they can do it, I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment