Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Studies - NBN

NBN - Nothing But Neuro -
Today's pic is of visual field defects. So, if we have a lesion of the lower part of the geniculocalcarine tract then we have a condition known as left homonymous superior quadratic anopsia.
piece of cake :)

After spending all day on this chapter that stuff does kind of make sense.
homonymous means the same visual field in both eyes
superior means the defect in vision is towards the top
quadratic means just 1/4 of the field is affected
anopsia refers to a defect in the visual field.

I'm still getting used to the geniculocalcarine tract ...gotta find exactly where that spot is in the brain and what it looks like from all different angles and levels. It can all be a bit tedious.
Dr. Jan Clifford did send out an email today stating her office hours today but I didn't really want to spend the two hours driving to get out and back to school.

I am dead tired. I'm glad today is still Friday and I've got the weekend left to keep studying.
We've only got four test next week :)
Monday - Gross Quiz
Tuesday - My Birthday!
Wednesday - Microbiology Midterm
Thursday - Philosophy Midterm
Friday - Biochemistry

Biochemistry is pretty huge and I've got a lot to do in that class. I'll keep studying the neuro tomorrow but ....well, everything needs to be studied. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment